Poll: I am interested in joining a Private Parlour
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yea
77.27%
17 77.27%
Nay
22.73%
5 22.73%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private parlor
For an annual fee I could open a private parlor w/2 tournaments(1 elim and 1 round robin).

There seems to be some concern regarding socializing on the site, due to the alert system Hank has put in place to hopefully increase tournament play.

The tournament msg boards are being limited to tournament related chat so that people won't be bombarded with people's personal comments in their alerts.

And the openplay msg board has been shut down all together for personal comments.

This brings up the idea of a private parlor. The parlor would have Chat rooms in which we could socialize freely. Of course, as in any community, there will be pushback on extreme rudeness.
We can discuss, debate, give our opinions, joke around, post pics of your ugly pets, recipes, quotes from your favorite Philosophers, and whatnot.

There would be as many people who are interested. Realistically, we could have 30-40 people. 16(elim) 8-12 round robin and several alternates(for when people need time off.
I would also bump 2-3 low players and no shows for 1 tour to make sure we always have enough players to fill the tourneys)).

At this point, I am only reaching out to get opinions. Also asking you to chime in w/ a yea or nay. As far as the cost, I will figure out if this seems to be something a good number of people wish to participate in.

If this doesn't fly w/a couple dozen or more people, I will bag on the idea. I personally think this would be fun and I would do my best to make this a fun place to hang out.

Thank you for your consideration!           --BigMur-- Shy

Be sure to vote in the Poll and/or reply to this message.
Hi Mur
I would be up for an open chat board moderated by you and would be willing to pay an extra subscription for access to it ( up to, say, 15 dollars a year). However I am unlikely that to play in any extra tournaments connected to it.....I mainly just play in the Raptor League these days.
I do have a slight concern that others who only play a moderate number of matches might give up the public tournaments to play in a more explicitly sociable space, but so be it if so!
I am not interested.
1. I chat with people in the matches that I play.
2. The only tourney that I play is the Raptor League
3. I am not looking to incur an additional cost.
JP- Jeremy, getting your response just now made me very happy! I wasn't sure what people might think.
I also would not be likely to play much at this point.( My alias may some  Big Grin ) My hope is that many core members like your self who have become friends over the past few years will take interest. I want all to know that pitching in financially will be optional. I know there are many here that have, and many who have not much Blush , so no worries about $. A few donations like yours will suffice. I hope all the BigDogs who have played our tournys as well as smaller dogs who have been so fun to get to know will participate in this community. I hope others will chime in so I can start seeing who would be coming in. Obviously we will need to get to a number that will fill a couple tournys. It will be run out of the Top Tour Parlor(Titans/Champs)
If your doing it I would be in.Thanks for your leadership.
Thanks G! Love having you in my tournys!
Please keep in mind that you can be a broke, deaf mute and still be a part of this parlor. Non chatters are welcome :-)
Sounds interesting I would join
I will definitely be on board, Mur, and will happily make my financial contribution.
although i rarely engage in banter during tournaments, i dont mind receiving it, as it adds interest and flavour. even in the early days of the titans, when finals would attract a gang of spectators, it was on the whole quite fun.
my concern is that instead of attracting new tournament players, it will put them off, or siphon them off into the pp.
if its not broke, why fix it i say

Tools: